SISYPHUS65 - CYLINDER WEIGHT, DUAL-COLOR ANODIZED BADGE, MORSE CODE, NO FLEX CUT PCB
Subcribe to back in stock notification
In order to ensure that you can get the corresponding compensation in case of package loss, we suggest that you can check the purchase insurance option in the shopping cart.
The designers of CKW studio want to create a keyboard with more customize possibilities, simple and elegant looking, so they bring us
Three mounting ways in one keyboard
CKW 80 can be made with 3 mounting ways: Plateless/ Gasket/ Top Mount.
The method to realize it is to use a specially designed middle frame. Turn over the middle frame to clamp PCB or plate with gaskets, so that we are able to switch between plateless and plate gasket. If you like top mount, you can even change it into top mount. We designed the screw holes for the top on plates, and add additional gaskets for the top mount.
【Note: For Gasket Mount/Top Mount, the PCB ear needs to be removed (it’s irreversible)】
(1)Plateless → Gasket (By turning over the middle frame), below shows how it works.
(2)Top mount (The plates have screws holes for top mount)
Interchangeable type-c connector and decoration
Someone like left type-c and someone like right one, so we designed a type-c connector which can place left or right as you like. Interchangeable type-c enables you to design your desk layout freer.
As the studio manager's name is Chain Smoker, and we want to make the keyboard more distinctive, so we add some cigarette elements on it.
There are some cigarette elements on the back, and we use diamond cut to indicate a lit cigarette, which makes the back simple and exquisite. What’s more, we change the "CKW" letters on the top case to light bar which resembles a cigarette after many modifications. In order to keep consistent with the lit cigarette on the back, we made a sinking treatment on the light bar top to imitate the ash after igniting.
Although we used some cigarette elements, we do not encourage smoking, so we engraved “ Smoking is harmful to health” inside the bottom case for reminding.
Upgraded PCB Specifications
In order to provide more customize possibilities to you, we think a lot about PCB design:
- Hotswap PCB with various layouts: TKL/WKL, both support ANSI / ISO
- Leave the solder place for knob on F13 considering lots of people like the knob
- Upgrade to Flex-cut black core Bluetooth Hotswap/ Solder PCB, which is better in quality than the ordinary one
Our vision for the Sisyphus 65 was to create a visually appealing keyboard that draws inspiration from the absurdist tale of Sisyphus, a well-known ancient Greek myth. Our aim was to achieve a sophisticated design that is easily recognizable due to its uniqueness.
To pay homage to the dystopian hero, we have incorporated contoured lines on the keyboard that depict the hill and the boulder. The PVD stainless steel column represents the weight of the boulder, while the straight lines on the main part of the case top represent the hill. Moreover, we have included the Morse code "C L I M B" on the top of the keyboard, a word that is used repeatedly in the Sisyphus story. Additionally, we have used dichroic anodizing on the front of the keyboard and the metal badge to add to its charm and character.
Overall, we are confident that the Sisyphus 65 will capture your imagination and leave you enchanted with its exquisite design and attention to detail.
Showcase & Sound Test & Assembly
Going to upload videos
(Forest Green + Gold PVD Weight)
(Black Case + Black Crack Weight)
(Black Case + Silver PVD Weight)
(E-White Case + Gold PVD Weight)
Hotswap PCB With ANSI
According to the feedback from IC form and the content creators, we notice that many people like pcb without flex cut today. In order to meet most people's needs and preferences, we decided to change the pcb from flex cut to no flex cut in this GB.
- 1.2mm no flex-cut wired hotswap PCB (no bluetooth)
- Supports ANSI layout
- Supports VIA
- Supports stepped capslock key , split backspace
The Difference Between SE Version And Regular Version
- The chamfers around the keyboard case of the SE version are processed into gold or silver via Dual-color Anodized process, which is more noble and elegant, and visually improved.
- The default cylinder weight of the SE version is a black crack style not PVD.
- SE version only has 2 colors of case to choose: Mountain Black & Burgundy.
Include & Specification
- Keyboard case *1
- Flat / Mountain-shaped strip*1
- Stainless steel PVD rectangle weight *1
- Stainless steel cylinder weight *1
- Sillicone gasket between case and cylinder *3
- Sillicone gasket between case and weight *1
- Dual-colored anodized badge *1
- Wired VIA supported PCB *1
- Black PC plate *1
- Poron plate foam 3mm *1
- IXPE switch foam 0.5mm *1
- Poron case foam with hot-swap cut 1.5mm *1
- Poron bottom foam 2mm *1
- Gasket silicone socks *20
- Sillicone feet *4
- Screws: M4*9, *2\ M2*6, *5\ M2.5*4, *4\ M2*4, *4\ M2*3, *14
- Pillars connecting PCB and plate *7
- Anti-static gloves *1
- Mount: PCB Gasket
- Typing angle：6.8°
- Front height: 19.24mm
- Size: 320mm*130mm*34.33mm
- Polling rate: 1000Hz
- Case Material: Full CNC 6063 Aluminum
- Plate Material: PC(black/white), FR4, Alu
- PCB: 1.2mm No Flex-cut Wired Hotswap PCB（no bluetooth）, VIA Supported
- Support: Ladder Caps Key , Split Backspace (Only for ANSI Layout)
- Rectangle weight: Stainless steel PVD (Silver/ Gold)
- Cylinder: Stainless steel PVD (Silver/ Gold), Stainless steel black crack
- Strip: Flat strip / Mountain-shaped strip (The Strip color is the same as the keyboard's color.)
- Case color: Mountain Black, Ice Blue, Rock Gray, Forest Green, Burgundy , E-White
Something You Should Know Before Purchasing
Difference between the prototypes and the GB products
1. Accessory name stickers
The accessories of the GB version all have item name stickers. Only some accessories in the prototype have item name stickers.
2. Different laser engraving patterns on PVD surface
Reason: The PVD weight of Sisyphus65 prototype used real gold electroplating process, and the pattern of radium carving showed a dark gray texture; In order to improve the wear resistance of the electroplating surface, it will be replaced with imitation gold electroplating process when GB, and finally the radium engraving showed a different appearance. After many times of communication and adjustment, the laser engraving pattern was controlled to the extent that it would not damage the electroplating surface and could be viewed clearly with the naked eye at multiple angles, and the color of the pattern turned to silver gray.
Rectangle PVD Weight Of Prototypes
Rectangle PVD Weight Of GB Products
1. Possible sound problems
Since Sisyphus 65’s special cylindrical counterweight props up a space at the bottom, after testing, we found vibration sounds may appear on some desktops which with special materials. As long as the bottom is padded with soft materials, such as leather pads or soft cloth that can solve this problem.
2. It may be felt that the bottom case is thin
This is a structural modification that yields to the design concept. The visual performance seen from the side and the bottom wants to highlight the "ridge and boulder", that is the fusion and collision of the rectangle and the circle. The rectangle should not be too wide. For this, the thickness of the bottom case can only be reduced as much as possible.
Purchase Disclaimer & Quality Disclaimer
1. Sisyphus65 keyboard is a GB item. Estimated delivery in September is our best guess. Delays and setbacks may occur. You agree to these terms by default when purchasing.
2. There will be a 5.4% + 0.3 Paypal process fee on order cancellations and refunds after placing an order.
3. The shipping fee doesn't include import tax fee.
4. No refunds or cancellations after the GB ends.
5. GB item will not have order combination. Please place only one order.
6. The final product color may be different from the rendering, but it is an acceptable range. It mainly refers to the actual product.
1. Appearance QC standards (including Stainless steel PVD weight) are as follows: According to GB QC standard, our QC is in the light conditions are normal, and keep the distance between 20-25 cm to check the keyboard‘s appearance. If there is no defect then the QC check is passed. If the keyboard has problems such as dirt/spot/trachoma, as long as the dirt/spot/trachoma is less than 0.8-2.0 mm² (check with a film caliper), the QC check will pass. You can view the table of QC standards for dirt/spot/trachoma.
2. Plating marks caused by hanging holes inside during keyboard production are normal phenomena during production.
3. Due to the special material properties of PVD, there may be slight, unavoidable dust on the mirror surface during production. These are normal phenomena and within our quality approval range.