[GB] Dolphins 75
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Pre - stock:
Dolphins75 are in pre-stock, we have already finished the CNC, will start anodization at once after GB.
GB Time: 4th - 17th January 2023
Limit Units: 200
Lead Time: Late February
Buy Add on Here
Please check Purchase Disclaimer and Quality Disclaimer at the end of this page
The designers of CKW studio want to create a keyboard with more customize possibilities, simple and elegant looking, so they bring us
Three mounting ways in one keyboard
CKW 80 can be made with 3 mounting ways: Plateless/ Gasket/ Top Mount.
The method to realize it is to use a specially designed middle frame. Turn over the middle frame to clamp PCB or plate with gaskets, so that we are able to switch between plateless and plate gasket. If you like top mount, you can even change it into top mount. We designed the screw holes for the top on plates, and add additional gaskets for the top mount.
【Note: For Gasket Mount/Top Mount, the PCB ear needs to be removed (it’s irreversible)】
(1)Plateless → Gasket (By turning over the middle frame), below shows how it works.
(2)Top mount (The plates have screws holes for top mount)
Interchangeable type-c connector and decoration
Someone like left type-c and someone like right one, so we designed a type-c connector which can place left or right as you like. Interchangeable type-c enables you to design your desk layout freer.
As the studio manager's name is Chain Smoker, and we want to make the keyboard more distinctive, so we add some cigarette elements on it.
There are some cigarette elements on the back, and we use diamond cut to indicate a lit cigarette, which makes the back simple and exquisite. What’s more, we change the "CKW" letters on the top case to light bar which resembles a cigarette after many modifications. In order to keep consistent with the lit cigarette on the back, we made a sinking treatment on the light bar top to imitate the ash after igniting.
Although we used some cigarette elements, we do not encourage smoking, so we engraved “ Smoking is harmful to health” inside the bottom case for reminding.
Upgraded PCB Specifications
In order to provide more customize possibilities to you, we think a lot about PCB design:
- Hotswap PCB with various layouts: TKL/WKL, both support ANSI / ISO
- Leave the solder place for knob on F13 considering lots of people like the knob
- Upgrade to Flex-cut black core Bluetooth Hotswap/ Solder PCB, which is better in quality than the ordinary one
If you are interested in it, please fill in the IC Form, so that we can get your opinions better, thanks!
Welcome to join our discord server for more detailed communication!
Elegant Desgin and Silky Touching Feel
Just like the name of the keyboard, its design inspiration comes from the streamlined shape of the dolphin's forehead bulge and the gradual shrinking shape of the tail. The special curve design makes the keyboard look simple and elegant.
Besides, it provides you the smooth silky touching feel with better case craft, feel like touching the dolphin skin.
As lovely dolphins are friends of human beings and always accompany us at sea, we want to make Dolphins75 more user-friendly in daily life, just like the dolphin accompany you all the time.
Better Typing Consistency
In order to improve the typing consistency for all keys, we use the gasket - foam instead of gasket to keep every single key the same typing feel.
What's more, it makes the build process simpler and easier by conbining the gaskets and foam.
Add on Dolphin Badge
Here we have two colors of lovely dolphin PVD badge to add on for F13 key.
Include & Specification
- Top and bottom case *1
- Weight *1
- PC plate *1
- Hotswap PCB *1
- AI03 Daughterboard *1
- Cable *1
- Poron bottom foam *1
- IXPE switch pad *1
- Poron Gasket - foam *2
- Foot pad kit *2
- Screws and wrench *1
Add On (Click here to buy)
- Solder PCB
- POM/FR4/Alu/Brass plate
- Silver/Black PVD dolphin badge
- Poron foam pack
- Full CNC 6063 Aluminum top and bottom case
- Full-built weight: 2.4kg
- Typing angle：7°
- Front Height: 20mm
- Size: 327*150mm*18mm
- 1.2mm thick
- Single key flex-cut design
- Hotswap PCB support ANSI layout ;Solder PCB support ISO & ANSI layout
- QMK & VIA support
1. Dolphins75 keyboard is a GB item. Estimated delivery in Late February is our best guess. Delays and setbacks may occur. You agree to these terms by default when purchasing.
2. There will be a 6.4% + 0.3 Paypal process fee on order cancellations and refunds after placing an order.
3. No refunds or cancellations after the GB ends.
4. GB item will not have order combination. Please place only one order.
5. The final product color may be different from the rendering, but it is an acceptable range. It mainly refers to the actual product.
1. Appearance QC standards (including Stainless steel PVD weight, Alu anodized weight) are as follows:
According to GB QC standard, our QC is in the light conditions are normal, and keep the distance between 20-25 cm to check the keyboard‘s appearance. If there is no defect then the QC check is passed.
If the keyboard has problems such as dirt/spot/trachoma, as long as the dirt/spot/trachoma is less than 0.8-2.0 mm² (check with a film caliper), the QC check will pass. You can view the table of QC standards for dirt/spot/trachoma.
2. Plating marks caused by hanging holes inside during keyboard production are normal phenomena during production.
3. Due to the special material properties of PVD, there may be slight, unavoidable dust on the mirror surface during production. These are normal phenomena and within our quality approval range.